Estimated figures show that our diet is FULL of added sugar.
And, on average, 385 calories per day come from added sugar.
That’s a TON of calories – but it’s only an AVERAGE – meaning some people may have a lot more than this number.
Now, in order to burn off those extra calories from all that added sugar, you would need to do LOT of exercise.
In fact, here is a list of how long it would take to burn off some of those added calories:
• You would have to WALK for AN HOUR AND A HALF in order to burn those calories
• You would have to play INTENSE BASKETBALL for at least an HOUR to burn those calories
• You would have to BIKE for THREE-QUARTERS OF AN HOUR to burn those calories
• You would have to JOG for THREE-QUARTERS OF A HOUR to burn those same calorie
Okay, in a nutshell here are some of the harmful effects of too much sugar:
• Becoming overweight or obese
• Heart disease
• Type 2 Diabetes (seen in young children more often today)
• Metabolic syndrome
• And others
What can you do to curb your added sugar?
Watch what you are eating…
Read food labels…
Use all-natural sweeteners, such as apple sauce or stevia, in baked goods or your coffee in the morning.
And eat more WHOLE FOOD sources, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, fatty fish, and whole grains.
Rounding out your diet with the food choices above, may limit your intake of added sugar.
And this may reduce your risk for chronic diseases, becoming overweight or obese, and issues with blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides.
Taking these steps NOW, may lead to a LONG, healthy, and reduced fat life.
Eat Clean Live Well. Feel Great