Read the entire article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/society-for-womens-health-research/hormones-from-puberty-to-post-menopause_b_9409894.html
Are You An Emotional Eater? May 30, 2013
So, How Can I Tell The Difference Between Real Hunger And Emotional Hunger?
Whats the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger:
1. Emotional hunger comes on suddenly; physical hunger occurs gradually.
2. When you are eating to fill a void that isn’t related to an empty stomach, you crave a specific food, usually something creamy or sweet or salty or crunchy or all of the above. And only that particular food will meet your need. Actual hunger usually doesn’t involve such specific cravings.
3. Emotional hunger feels like it needs to be satisfied instantly with the food you crave; physical hunger can wait.
4. Even when you are full, if you’re eating to satisfy an emotional need, you’re more likely to keep eating. When you’re eating because you’re hungry, you’re more likely to stop when you’re full.
5. Emotional eating can leave behind feelings of guilt; eating when you are physically hungry does not.
Keep a Food Diary for a few days- note your MOOD at each feeding time. You’ll quickly realise WHY you’re eating.
Follow me on Twitter. @jaxallenfitness
For daily hints &tips
Friend me on Facebook. Jax Allen
For interest pages, group & Offers